thoughts of Venus

Friday, June 23, 2006

TGIF - what a day!

So, of course I don't get up for work when I want to, but I roll out of bed anyway and get ready for work. Well, I get to work & of course everyone else's priority is above what I had planned for the day, doesn't that always seem to happen? I decided to start actually writing in my Franklin Planner so I could see what I am in fact accomplishing - that actually made me feel better about the day. The fact that I was actually accomplishing things, even though they weren't actually what I had wanted to do today. Well, in helping LeeAnn with her homework last night I found out that I really need to get the "high-speed internet" stuff that I keep hearing about and not paying attention to. She wasn't able to view a video here at home cause it was taking too long to download. So, I am taking her to work on Sunday so she can view the video & submit her assignment. So far she is getting stuff done & has 100% in the class. I know she is worried about it and her Algebra class. Already has a stomach ache. There is not much I can do about it except reassure her that I will help her all I can, that the school has tutors, to ask questions and think positively. Since I will be getting that internet connection I will have to move things around here in the livingroom, more than what I had planned because I will have to move the computer desk on the outside wall of the house to get the internet cable from my cable company. I am going to have the TV in the corner and I guess the couch along the wall by the windows... I don't know. I'll have to see how things fit. I guess I need to quit talking and do it, next weekend. I am planning to scrapbook with some friends at a scrapbook store tomorrow all day. And then Sunday LeeAnn and I will go by my work to get her schoolwork done and get the groceries. Never a dull moment! Ha-ha. Heard from mom today. They are still in Utah. Dad took her on a canyon walk I think she said. The brochure said it was a "sedate walk, even path, etc" Mom said the brochure lied. It was uneven & crumbling-like in some areas. She mentioned they are leaving the campsite they are at on Sunday I think (very bad connection for cell phone & can't do computer at all) and will be going to another area of Utah, and then on to the North Rim and Grand Canyon and on to Las Vegas. I can't wait to see all the pictures! Well, I need to get going so I can get to bed... ciao!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jennifer - yes, days sometimes do not go as planned, one has to just regroup and reschedule. Em ailed you on regular email about my trip. You did have a busy day. Sorry LeeAnn is worried about her studies, know what she means about anykind of math, that was one of my big bugaboos. Di d you scrap book? I have a lot of it I want to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home