thoughts of Venus

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

another day in my exciting life

So, I had someone today comment that I hadn't updated my blog - again I say because I don't think I have much exciting news in my life. Well, I was excited to see that I had Cathy Clamp comment on my last post asking for my address because she wants to send me the next book in the Sazi series, autographed and 2 months before it will be released in the bookstores. I was very thrilled to have her actually stop by my little blog on the web. Very cool. I haven't read anything "new", I have been just re-reading some favorites - Sherrilyn Kenyon's Seize the Night and 2 of Christine Feehan's Dark Demon & Ocean's of Fire. Well, I am on my 4th week of my new job. I took a temporary (4 month) detail to a GS-07 secretary in the executive office at the place I work. I took it for the experience and because I hoped that it would give me an advantage to getting the job on a permanent basis. I am enjoying it for the most part. Both of the bosses are great and easy to get along with; and I work with 2 other secretaries that are also easy to get along with. I do miss all the interaction in my other position, and some key people that I talked to on a regular basis. So, I do try to take a walk and stop by for a quick chat - one of the ladies is pregnant and I like to get an update on how things are going as it hasn't been an easy pregnancy for her. Anyway, cross your fingers that this becomes permanent cause it would be a good career move for me. LeeAnn has started her online Earth & Space Science class with the Florida Online Virtual School and will be starting her Algebra 1b class within the week. She doesn't know any grades so far but she feels real good about the whole online thing so I am hoping that it is a good way for her to get some good grades and bring up her GPA. I think mom and dad are in Moab, Utah. I can't keep it all straight. They are just jetting all over the place. Mom mentioned seeing a national park, seeing canyons and following the Colorado river back to their campsite. That the weather was fluctuating between 98 and 103 degrees and just too hot for them to have to walk a long while to see stuff. They are having the time of their life and taking lots of pictures. I know my job when they get home will be to help mom out with getting those pictures in a nice album so she can show them off to all her friends, and family - which I am looking forward to. I have done all the babbling that I am going to today. ciao!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Jennifer - Good luck with your temporary new job. It sounds like it is a promotion if you get it, so I hope you get it because it probably means more money. Lindy called last Sunday, she said pretty much what you said about their travels. We girls went to a play at the Jennerstown Playhouse this afternoon for a matinee. It was a good one. It was called Smoke on the Mountain. It was set in a 1938 Baptist church in rural N carolina. It had the preacher and a family singing group. It was a comedy and pretty funny and also a musical with the usual mountain music instruments and they did a lot of the hymns and gospel songs we were familiar with. The audience sang along some of the time. One of the funny parts that the un der 40 crowd were probably unfamiliar with was: the mother got a bug on her and flipped her skirts a little, enough to see that her stockings were held up by supporters from a garter belt.
    That was before the pantyhose era. it was intended to be a nostalgic funny. Most of the audience was of the older senior citizen variety. Take care Aunt Mary

     

Post a Comment

<< Home